Are Mythic Achievements Xbox's Platinum Trophy? UPDATE: Decoded from the Xbox PC app

Video from Maka91:

2 Likes

Wow. That is certainly what it seems to be. I wonder if this will apply retroactively for old games.

I’ll reserve judgement until we see how it really works, but generally I’m not a fan of the idea that Xbox is obligated to copy everything that PlayStation does. IMO the Xbox achievement system not working exactly the same way as trophies was not a problem to be “solved.”

Ive always just wanted to see DLC achievements separated from the main game.

3 Likes
2 Likes

https://www.trueachievements.com/news/xbox-mythic-achievement

The XCT link doesn’t work for me. Keeps forwarding me to some kind of Discord sign up page :man_shrugging:

it will be retroactive. so notification after notification after notification. for me this victory lap will be around one hour. for some heavy completionists this will be days :rofl:

5 Likes

Haha, awesome.

I really like this, finally!

1 Like

Lol if they do individual notifications. 400+ incoming for me.

2 Likes

You can disable the notifications!

Never!

3 Likes
4 Likes

Very curious to see how this works retroactively going back to thousand of old games from years ago - if everything will translate correctly or if there will be bugs or issues.

2 Likes

Can’t wait!

1 Like

Don’t understand what could be complicated about recognizing games with their full GS and giving them an identifier for the Mythic?

As wrestling head creative would like to say, this marks a new era.

1 Like
1 Like

You were saying…? :rofl:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxachievements/s/60zU0RM6F1

I’ve just noticed that they are adding an “Extension” tag to achievements from DLC for all games even 360 ones.

2 Likes

TA is now showing Mythic count for all users. Apparently I have 421. :flexed_biceps: :achievement:

1 Like